Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The metal bit of a floppy disk is stuck within my tower. How do I seize it out?

I know we've moved ancient floppies, but I was making sure that a floppy didn't hold important information and I get it stuck in the drive. I wrenched out the disk, but the metal spring-loaded clip is still inside. How do I catch it out?

The metal bit of a floppy disk is stuck within my tower. How do I seize it out?

Floppy drives are archaic, but that means they're also pretty sturdy. Get yourself a bright flashlight and some jewelers' screwdrivers (or other teeny tools), sneak a look inside the drive, and try to finesse the metal out of the drive. If you break it then it's really no great loss as brand new floppy drives can be had for smaller quantity than $10.



Also, if you're at all comfortable near opening up your PC you could other pull out the floppy drive and simply pop rotten the cover to remove the debris. I've taken oodles of them apart and it's really not all that not easy.
Toothpics?? hehe
A very flat gouge.
VERY carefully... :)



Since I am not comfortable vent up my own computer, I would take it to a personage who is... Check "computer service/repair" in the sickly pages...



Good Luck!
it might cost u a few bucks but ur safest bet is to bring it into a computer store simply in skin u do some thing to brake ur warenty on it
The passageway to get that out, is to disassemble the floppy drive, if you are leary of doing so, a modern drive is cheaper than a repair bill will be.
Remove it from the computer and lift sour the tin top cover, then the item inside will tumble out.



Very simple to do.



It took you half as much time to type your request for information as it would take to resolve the problem.
condo rentals in

No comments:

Post a Comment