Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trying to install window xp onto laptop...?

I hold just brought a hot hard drive for my laptop. So once I put that surrounded by I turned on the pc near the windows cd contained by hoping that I was competent to install windows on to it. It be on for about 2 minutes and it said setup will start window.. This is when I thought I would see the blue screen that would ask me what drive I would similar to windows installed on - But instead I get. Your computer can not go any further. There be an error message also and it said to restart the pc if this be the first time that I had see this message. or if not you must check the thorny drive or format it... Am I not able to newly install windows onto a completly spanking new hard drive??

Any relief would be appreciated..

Thanks

Trying to install window xp onto laptop...?

Did you have the "boot from CD" picking turned on in the BIOS? When you turn on your computer enter the BIOS (it should detail you to pres a key, resembling [del] or [f2]) and check to see the order contained by which the computer tries to boot from (floppy, hard disk, etc.) If you aren't trying to boot from compact disc before booting from firm drive, then your computer won't detect the Windows XP disk... however, remember to turn stale CD booting afterwards if not your computer will try to boot from any CD you own in your drive, even if the disk does not contain an operating system.
A tentative hard drive must be initialized and consequently formatted. So put in the cd that come with it and initialize it and format it. Then put the Windows cd contained by.
I'll assume you're putting in XP. Then you can not do it. XP is key to the first motherboard it installs to. you need to use the second drive as a slave,
The Harddrive desires to be formatted, and then Windows can do the setup.
equipment rental cost

No comments:

Post a Comment