Friday, September 17, 2010

The signature of my drive is wrong (E-->F)?

Hey, I hold an external hardrive that I store all of my music on and it usually connects as drive F: but sometimes it randomly decide to be drive E:. I don't have anything else plugged within that is beneath F: either. Problem is my iTunes looks for music within F - Can I change the external rock-hard drive from E to F once I've plugged it in? and how do I do that?

The signature of my drive is wrong (E-->F)?

Assuming that you are running XP:



Go to START, consequently PROGRAMS, then ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS.

In ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS click on COMPUTER MANAGEMENT

In the not here pane in computer command under STORAGE, click to underscore DISK MANAGEMENT

In the top pane on the right find the device that you want to change and right click on it.

Choose CHANGE DRIVE LETTER AND PATHS...

On the subsequent screen click on CHANGE

Choose the untried drive letter that you want

Click on OK





If ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS does not show up beneath PROGRAMS:



Right click on the Windows START button

Click on PROPERTIES

Click on the START MENU tab on top

Click on the radio button next to CLASSIC START MENU

Click on CUSTOMIZE

Click on the box contained by the bottom window subsequent to DISPLAY ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS
Simply put your memory stick in first as you must hold done when you loaded the drive initially
Yes you can

If you use XP

Click Start => Control Panel => Admin Tools => Computer management

Select Disk Management, Right click on the disk you want to shift, select Change Drive letter and bridle path.

Select change, adaptation to what you want. Remember that you can't have 2 beside the same memorandum.
Another quicker way to obtain to those screens - right-click My Computer and choose Manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment