Friday, September 17, 2010

This Upgrade?

My current PC is a:

Pentium III 933mhz Coppermine

512mb PC133 SDRAM

20gb Ultra ata IDE HDD

DVD burner

145watt PSU

Intel D815EFV Mainboard



I be thinking of adding a Ati Radeon 9600XT 256mb AGP card, a 160gb HDD and a 400watt PSU

what growth would i get right in a minute i have cheap intel 82815 integrated graphics which is base on the worlds most unsuccesfull GPU the Intel I740 and its only 32mb and cant even do 32bit color instead 24bit.

With the Radeon 9600XT which I know is a accurate card and in a obedient PC will give you great stuff ive see it push at 60fps in Underground 2 beside everything on high.

But what would I expect out of this PC?

Right immediately this PC can easily run contained by terms of CPU but graphics struggles

Flight Simulator 2004 at merdium CPu usage lone gets to 39%



I would be expecting to play

FS on lofty

Underground 1,2 on high

Sims 2 on lofty would thios ebe possible to me it seems plausible but oppinions and ios it worth it im starped for cash right immediately.

This Upgrade?

AGP slots aren't used on more modern motherboards. I would suggest saving your money until you are competent to do a total upgrade. Getting the hard drive would be okay as you would be capable of connect it to a new computer or use it as an external drive. Save up some money, buy a modern box for gaming and use this one for Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment