Tuesday, September 21, 2010

tried to put Win 95 on my laptop, but messed up NEED HELP!!?

Here's the situation. I just this minute bought a new ripened laptop (Gateway Solo 2100 120MHz Pentium, 72 MG of RAM) off of eBay. It have no hard drive. I bought a 5 GB intricate drive. I wanted to put surrounded by Win 98. I put in a 98 boot disk, loaded the system files and formatted the drive. Then I saw the system requirements for 98 and thought it wouldn't work too in good health. I then put contained by a 95 boot disk and nothing happen so I physically erase the files that I can see when use a dir command, which were command.com and scandisk log. I put within the 95 boot disk again and then it say "type command interpreter". I typed in a few hundred nouns but nothing works, the message in recent times comes back up on the subsequent line. The floppy drive make a duh duh duh in a rythmic stencil when I type in a command(unlike my desktop PC which works fine). I also try my 95 system disk within the cd drive but still nothing. Is zilch happening because my floppy drive (or medium bay) stopped working or did I mess up and need to gain a new intricate drive? Are the hidden system files cause this problem?



Note: I changed the boot process in the BIOS to A: after C:. It will try to read the floppy (I can tell because of the noise) but zilch happens (same next to the cd) and then go to the 98 splash screen and consequently the command interpreter error.



PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tried to put Win 95 on my laptop, but messed up NEED HELP!!?

format the drive and erase everything including the file table and the actual disc format (i.e. FAT 32 ). I know that elder OS's have problems loading if a newer OS have already been installed on one and the same drive and not removed completely. Best guess is to delete the partition and afterwards try again.



If I remember correctly win95 doesn't even know what FAT32 is.

No comments:

Post a Comment