Friday, September 17, 2010

Three concrete drives, how to configure them?

Hi I am hoping one of you perfect people out at hand can advise me. I hold two SATA hard drives both working fine and I thought why not install the outmoded non SATA H.D. from my dead computer and use it for games and the resembling. I configured it as a second slave but Xp did not like that one little bit, I tried configuring it as “Cable Select” not that I own a clue what it means, but Xp turned it’s trunk up at that, someone suggested configuring it as a slave of the slave but alas those waters are way too thoughtful for me. Can anyone tell me how to brand all three H.D.’s live and work within peace and harmony? Thank you.

Three concrete drives, how to configure them?

Assuming your "non SATA" drive is IDE/ATA, you should be capable of use the cable select option. Make sure that your BIOS recognize the drive. Also be sure that BIOS is configured to boot from you SATA drive, since you want to add the IDE/ATA drive as more storage only. If at hand is another device on the same ribbon cable as the drive you're totalling, you may want to try setting one as master and the other as slave.
If you have a standard motherboard next it will be two drives per channel. So make tracks the existing drives as they are and put the old one on impossible to tell apart channel as the compact disc drive.
Install the EIDE drive into a external USB case. Fairly cheap.



http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=cs...
equipment rental cost

No comments:

Post a Comment